Berowra Community Markets will resume on Saturday 5th March 2022!
Due to Omicron, we have made the decision to cancel the February markets.
If you have been a stall holder in the past or are interested in becoming a stall holder, please call: 9456 6312
We look forward to seeing all of you in March 2022
Supporting the Community and Beyond
Since 2006, the Berowra Community Markets have proved to be a very popular community event.
The first Saturday of every month, sees stallholders gather from the wider Hornsby area to sell their home made wares, foods, arts, crafts and trash and treasure. Many stallholders are family and community groups. A wide variety of new and used goods are on offer and the Markets have proved popular for some folk who opt for a car boot sale at the Markets, instead of holding a garage sale.
All money raised from the Stallholders’ rent ($30 per stall) is donated to a non profit agency or charity in the area and beyond. Each month at the markets, information in the form of brochures and books on Mental Health and other community concerns are also freely available.
In addition to the stalls a BBQ breakfast and lunch is available as well as delicious morning teas which often include scones straight from the oven. Many folk come simply to browse around the stalls and indulge in a cuppa with friends. Come along and join the happy regulars for a homemade morning tea or tasty BBQ breakfast or lunch. Plenty of bargains for all including children’s toys, books, puzzles, baby items, honey, plants and seeds, flowers, jewellery, ceramics, cards and bric-a-brac.
If you would like to book a stall, click here: BUC-mkts-registration-form
For more information on booking a stall or the markets generally please call 9456 6312.
The markets support a wide range of community groups and charities:
So far we have raised money for the following charities:
- Berowra Girl Guides
- Berowra Recreational Facility Project
- LinC (free tea, coffee and counselling at the Hornsby Courthouse)
- Hornsby Womens Shelter
- HADCEA (Christian Education at Asquith Girls and Boys Schools)
- Hornsby Homelessness Taskforce
- Berowra Health and Resource Centre
- Men’s Shed
- Hornsby Hospital Intensive Care unit
- UnitingCare Acacia Aged Care Services
- Presbytery Youth Worker
- Studio Artes Creativity Studio for those with Disabilities.
- RFS Catering Brigade
- Berowra District Progress Association
- Hornsby UC Building Fund
- Hornsby Hospital Children’s Ward
- Berowra RSL Youth Band
- Hornsby Homelessness Association
- Exodus Foundation
- Bushfire Victims
- Sunnyfield Disabilities Association House
- Rural Communities NSW
- Monicas Doggie Rescue
- UCA Disaster Fund (formerly Drought Relief Fund)
- Royal Flying Doctor
- Frontier Services
- Cancer Council
- Uniting Care Ageing Pancake Day
- SHHH (Self Help for the Hard of Hearing)
- Australian Red Cross
- Uniting Church Flood Appeal
- Assisting Refugee children
- Uniting Church Young People
- Uniting Church Indigenous People
- Uniting Church Mental Health
- Bushfire Victims
- Baby Bumps Pre & Post Natal Depression
- Rural Communities
- Sonaf Maneka Timor Orphanage
- Compassion Child Sponsorship (Maria)
- Leprosy Mission
- Mexican Mission
- Northcote Disabilities
- Cambodian Orphanage
- Uniting International Mission
- Pakistan Floods Emergency Appeal
- International Red Cross Tsunami Appeal
- Shenida Orphanage in Ethiopia